Interested in Studying Abroad at BGSU?

http://www.bgsu.edu/business/current-students/education-abroad.html


Friday, February 13, 2015

The Beginning of the End

School is underway once again here in Strasbourg. I am going to receive my grades from my courses last semester very soon. It’s taking a very long time to get them! I am excited and nervous to see how I did. While thinking about that, I must also focus on the new semester. I am taking 6 courses again. They are: Management of International Teams, Cases in Marketing, Principles of International Commerce, European Integration, Luxury Brands Management, and Basic French II. Since four of these six classes are in my core Bachelor’s in European Management (BEM) curriculum, I already know a majority of the students in them. It’s a lot less stressful knowing you have friends in all of your classes. It also makes group work a lot easier since you do not have to stress about finding people to work with. So far, I have had a couple weeks of classes and I can tell it will be challenging. I am excited to finish my time studying here on a good note and that means getting good grades!


On the travel side of my journey, I was able to visit Ireland before school started.

Ireland was amazing, although getting there was a bit difficult. It took almost an entire day’s worth of traveling to finally arrive. It was also one of the longest travel experiences I did alone. It felt a bit strange since I had just been traveling with my family. It took me two trains and a plane before I finally arrived in Limerick, Ireland to stay with my one of my classmates and her family. My first day there we went shopping and she took me on a small walking tour around the city. It was interesting to see all the history of Ireland and Limerick which was abundant in the buildings, bridges and roads.
That night another friend from Dublin along with a fellow BGSU classmate joined us. We woke up early the next morning and my friend Mairead’s uncle drove us to the Cliffs of Mohor. It was beautiful sight to see and allowed us to travel through a lot of scenic farmland to get there. The Cliffs of Mohor has been featured on TV and in the movies with a large presence in the Harry Potter films. It was a breathtaking view and we went on a day clear enough that you could really take in the enormous size of the cliffs.

That night we took a bus to Dublin. We stayed at one of the other Irish girls’ home. We were only in Dublin for a day and we spent a majority of it at the Guinness factory. I have taken brewery tours before, but this one was very special. We even got to be certified as Official Pourers of the Perfect Pint! Once we finished there we walked around downtown Dublin and saw Trinity College at night. We had an early flight back to Strasbourg, so we did not stay out too late. By the end of my trip it felt as though I had been all over Ireland. It was a great place and I really hope to go back in the future.


I know it’s technically the “beginning of the end” of my crazy study abroad experience but do not worry. I have still have plenty of trips planned and plenty more to tell you about from EM
Strasbourg!


A Biento!

Carly


All the girls! 

Cliffs of Moher

More from the Cliffs 

                     A dolmen 

Taste testing at Guinness 

Certified! 

Perfecting the Perfect Pint

No comments:

Post a Comment