Interested in Studying Abroad at BGSU?

http://www.bgsu.edu/business/current-students/education-abroad.html


Sunday, December 7, 2014

'Tis the Season

It's Christmas time here is Strasbourg, and with the Christmas season comes the Christmas markets. They don’t call it Capitale de Noël for nothing. The Christkindelsmärik is in full swing here and with it comes over 300 booths in 11 different places in the city, selling everything from hot wine, crepes, jewelry, figurines and everything in between. I have to be extra careful when I go there to try to not spend a bunch of money! I went to the grand opening of the markets, along with the lighting of the tree. Initially I did not worry much about it being crowded, but boy was I wrong. The whole main square, where the action was taking place, was packed shoulder to shoulder everywhere you went. They had a stage set up with singers, dancers, and a Santa to help count down to the lighting of the tree.

It is a small world, because the weekend the markets started my cousin Jessica from Ohio visited Strasbourg to hang out with me on Thanksgiving. It was surreal seeing family here. My parents and brother are traveling to Strasbourg later in December, and I’m very excited to see them. Her being here provided some practice for me to show them around. I was very glad to have her stay with me and to show her what Strasbourg has to offer.

And who can forget, school. I have taken my final French exam for this semester. I only have one more class this week before finals next week. Unfortunately I have three on the same day! So the next several days will be full of studying. I’m sure I’ll do okay, but it’s still a lot of pressure.

À bientôt!  


Carly

One of the entrances to the Christmas Market 


Big screen where we watched the countdown to the lighting 
My cousin Jessie who visited me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment