Interested in Studying Abroad at BGSU?

http://www.bgsu.edu/business/current-students/education-abroad.html


Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Time for School (Presentations and a Research Trip)

This past week I had my first group presentation, along with a field research trip for my business classes.

My first group presentation was a short case study that we were given with a question to present to the class. My group consisted of women from Portugal, and Germany. It was extremely interesting to see how we all worked together for this small project. I was so happy with how our presentation turned out. Projects like this are one of the many reasons I had to study abroad, we all had a common goal and although we come from different cultures, and backgrounds, along with having different mother tongues, we were able to successfully complete an excellent PowerPoint and present it to the class. I am finding that group work such as this is a big part of the EM Strasbourg class curriculum. In almost all of my classes I am in a group of four to six students. This style has some similarities to the group work in BGSU courses, except here I’m finding we have to do more work outside of class along with the barriers I mentioned above. I am finding it both excited and rewarding to discover how other students research, present, and study.

I also got to visit the ZKM Media Museum in Karlsruhe, Germany for my Experiential Marking class. This trip is what our final grade will be based on through papers, group work and a presentation, so it was probably the most important day of the course. The museum was fantastic and we got to see interactive pieces as well as non-interactive works. There was a whole floor dedicated to video games, along with other sections and floors dedicated to different types of art installations, some very serious and some whimsical. Even if it was for a school project it was interesting to see some installations by various artists. It’s a day I will not soon be forgetting.


Until next time,

Your Falcon in France 
Me with the giant joystick (You could really play games with it!) 
One of the floors of the ZKM Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment